This year, AAJA will be hosting a service project at the Houston Food Bank to help give back to the community, including those affected by Hurricane Harvey.
The project will take place on Saturday, August 11 from 8am to 12pm at the Houston Food Bank, located at 535 Portwall St. in Houston, with lunch to be provided afterward.
Volunteer duties include inspecting, sorting and repackaging donated food items to be distributed to those in need.
Sign up now and join AAJA in giving back to those who need it most!
DEADLINE TO SIGN UP: Sunday, July 29
Important things to note:
- You do NOT need to be registered for the convention to sign up as a volunteer for the service project
- Transportation will be provided to and from the Marriott Marquis with buses leaving at 7:30am sharp, so please be on time
- All volunteers will be required to sign a waiver onsite and register on the Houston Foodbank website (link to be emailed after signing up)
- Children ages 6 and older are eligible to volunteer. Those under 18 will be required to complete an additional waiver with their guardian's consent.
- Anyone bringing kids will be placed on a kid-friendly project separate from our group
- ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST WEAR CLOSED-TOED SHOES. Those without will be unable to participate
- Please wear comfortable clothes that allow for movement
- There will be other volunteers on site in addition to our group, so please be courteous and respectful
- Lockers are available onsite to store your belongings, but please leave your valuables at the hotel as AAJA is not liable for any lost or missing items
- The food bank will provide water, tea and Starbucks coffee